Thank you again for being a guest The Corelink Solution podcast. This document will assist with your preparation for the interview.
1) Please use the link that was provided to you for scheduling.
2) Please use this link to ensure we have all of the pertinent information for the interview.
3) Please review this document in its entirety so we can have fun and have a great recording!
Overview of The Corelink Solution Podcast
- Description of the Show:
Why is it so difficult to achieve success? Why is the career journey so complicated? Whether it's figuring out what your passion or purpose, navigating the corporate maze, growing as a leader or cutting through the fog of entrepreneurship, this is a platform to empower you to reach your potential.Gain the insights, strategies, and techniques you need to go farther, faster in your career or entrepreneurial journey.James helps leaders achieve sustainable business growth. During his twenty years in leadership in companies such as JPMorgan Chase, Allstate, and LegalShield, James has created and guided high-performing teams through delivering double-digit growth, mergers and acquisitions, offshoring, outsourcing, startups, and well over 300 partnerships.
James holds an Executive MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, serves on the DeVry University Board of Trustees and is the author of Success on Your Own Terms: 6 Promises to Fire up your Passion, Ignite Your Career and Create an Amazing Life. James and his guests share their experiences and offer solutions.
- Our audience: There are three main avatars we focus on today.
- Nancy "No Career Direction" Tillman: Nancy is 29 years old, lives in Kansas City, Kansas is single with one child and has a Bachelor's degree in general studies. She wants to identify her passion and direction, enjoy the work and feel there is a purpose in it. She has a job, in fact, she has had several jobs, but feels underutilized, uninspired and unappreciated. She doesn't just want a job, she wants a career with purpose but has no idea of how to choose what she should do next.
- Marty "Accelerate my career" Anderson: Marty is 42 years old, lives in Chicago, Illinois, is married with one child and has a Bachelor's in Finance. Marty feels he has plateaued in middle management but wants to advance his career and elevate his stature. He's struggled with how to move forward, feeling everything is out of his control. To him, success in work is equivalent to success in life and thus failure in work amounts to a failure in life.
- Sue "Gravity" Greenberg: Sue is a budding entrepreneur with a small team with less than $10MM in revenues. She feels the business can grow substantially, but it not quite sure how to do it. Her team is not engaged as evidenced by lack of demonstrated ownership, commitment or aspiration.
- Content: Career and Leadership Development
- Frequency / Duration: Bi-weekly program, 30-45 minutes in length
- Format: Interview format, facilitated to familiarize the audience with the guest, delve into related experiences as applicable in the above-stated areas and wrap the program summarizing key points and the salient, actionable takeaway items.
The Day of the recording
- Please ensure you are in a quiet location.
- Please ensure that you have a great external microphone (sound quality is everything).
- Please be prepared to talk for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Please log in to the link provided to you for https://app.squadcast.fm/ 10 minutes before the recording start time.
The typical flow of the recording (4 distinct sections)
- Getting Linked Up (questions to help the audience get to know you)
- Main topic
- Wrapping up
Below are some examples of the questions that James might ask during each of the sections
Getting Linked Up
- Please share just a little bit about your journey.
- Tell us one thing about you that people probably do not know about you.
- What is your "why" for doing this work?
- What are some of the top issues you uncovered during your research?
- What you are most excited about in terms of what you are doing today.
- How do you sharpen your saw and keep yourself fresh?
- Tell me about a mentor who has made a particular difference in your career and how.
- Let's recap some of the key takeaway points for people to remember? (3-5 points)
What James Needs From You!
Please be sure to complete this form prior to the show. It allows James to have your bio and key points on hand for recording, along with other critical information for publishing and promoting the podcast.