Success Thought of the Day – 7/22/21
There is a tendency to focus on external things more than internal things. If you want to grow as a leader, you must lead yourself and master the internal things. There are five areas the I would submit as key to focus on:
- Interpersonal relationships
- Stress tolerance
Today, I will dive into self-awareness a bit. One simple definition of self-awareness is the curious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires. Naturally, you might think, “how will I know my level of self-awareness?” Here are four questions that might help you gauge where you are:
- Leadership wisdom: Do you regularly create insights for yourself drawn from reflections on your experiences?
- Leadership Identity: Are you in tune with who you are, including natural traits, chosen ones, and core values?
- Leadership Reputation: How do others perceive you as a leader based on your behavior?
- Leadership Brand: How do you want to be perceived based on your aspirations?
If you’re struggling to answer those questions, don’t be alarmed. Here are three things you can do that might help you:
- Ask for feedback
I hope you find this helpful. I will look to cover the remaining four areas over the next week.