Your Biggest Blessings: Success Thought of the Day – 11/6/18
Over ten years ago I recognized my fear of public speaking, which was further cemented by my Myers-Briggs tests results of INTJ. My I (introversion) was on the high side. Who would have thought that years later I would be giving a speech to more than 8,000 folks in Las Vegas from the stage at the MGM Grand?
To face my fear, I went to Toastmasters, learned techniques, practiced and sweated (literally) through countless presentations and speakers to get more comfortable and get better – – and I’m not done yet! I have been blessed by the journey and the doors that overcoming that fear has opened.
I give the same three tips when talking about approach fears:
- See and acknowledge it: What exactly is the fear? Be as specific as possible.
- Size it: Is it worth overcoming to reach your goal?
- Move past it: Leverage training, coaching, peers, mentors, and others to help.
Now, take some action
- What fear is holding you back?
- What blessings do you believe might be on the other side?
- What are you willing to do overcome it?
Have a great day!